Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

LOOK BACK AT IT: 2014

By | Wednesday, December 31, 2014 Leave a Comment

We are one day away from the 2015 New Year. The end-of-the-year holiday (Thanksgiving and Christmas) meals having most singing the new-years-weight-loss-resolution blues. I truly enjoyed some great moments of 2014 so let’s take a look at some of my highlights and BTS (behind-the-scenes).
I started the year off by being part of the 2014 Trumpet Awards Social Media Team, presented by Founder & executive producer, Mrs. Xernona Clayton. I’ve met some interesting people along the way and truly enjoyed staying connected and building relationships with many.

2014 TRUMPET AWARDS
(Lower pics: Social Media Team- I’m front row on the leftJ Right: Mrs. Xernona Clayton)
Celebs (L) Bresha Webb (C) Nephew Tommy (R) Demetria McKinney

Many attendees and celebs showed their support as they arrived on the red carpet for this televised award show. Although there were chaotic moments happening behind the scenes with particular people, I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the social media team. Check out my Trumpet Award weekend posts here and here.

2014 DESIGN ESSENTIALS BIG EASY CELEB GIFTING SUITE

For the second year in a row I traveled to New Orleans for the 2014 Essence Festival. I have a blast each time I visit. The vibe, people and food make the trip so pleasurable, as always.  While there, I also attended a private event Design Essentials held for selected media, bloggers, press and other special guests. This gifting suit event was hosted by Grammy-nominated recording artist LEDISI (middle pic above, on right side). She was such a doll and I loved our chat and mini interview. I also enjoyed the hunky men giving out massages, much needed when pounding the pavement going from one event to another. Rounding out the treatment, The Look by JOI was on hand with the makeovers, ahhh I was in heaven.
 
















Check out more from the Gifting Suite here.

I love cooking & baking since I was a little girl helping my mother in the kitchen. Here are some approved recipes that kept everyone in my household wanting more.

THAI CHICKEN

  
Click here for the recipe

BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN TENDERS
 
Click here for the recipe

This lightly sweetened dish is great for the kiddies or great for that in-between-meals snack. Choose your desired sides or eat alone.

STRAWBERRY ‘NO BAKE’ CHEESECAKE REMIX

Click here for the recipe

This cool dessert really hit the spot. Cheesecake with a cake base, seconds please!

I checked out some launch parties/celebrations, fashion shows and even tried out new products.

BAD BOY REVOLT: DIA SIMMS MAGAZINE COVER PARTY


 


 

Being a heavy hitter for the Diddy brand, Dia Simms is a force to be reckoned with. I get inspired talking with great people making moves, Dia have such a nice spirit about herself. Congrats again Dia! (Behind-the-Scenes) Check out who was in the building at this event here.

 

THE DREAM FASHION EVENT

Give me a great event or show and I’m there, lol. I saw many great fashionable attendees as well as show designs.
 
 
Click here to see more from this event.
 
WALK FASHION SHOW
 
 
Showcasing the shoes some of these models strutted. Check out models on the runway below.
 
 
 Although there were a few stumbles and wobbles, these models remained on their feet as they sashayed down the runway. Go ahead now!
 
PRODUCTS/SERVICES
I even had the chance to test out a 2015 keyless RDX Acura for a couple days.
 


I’ll continue to give products and/or service reviews.



Great product for anyone, especially people of color. Click here for this review. 
Shout out to the people over at Design Essentials who gifted these wonderful products for me to try out. Their products are for all hair types- chemically treated or natural.
 
These were just some of my 2014 highlights. I had the pleasure of mixing & mingling with great people, celebs and conducting several interviews. To see more, scroll through other topics/categories on the right side of page.
 
For 2015 I look forward working with more fabulous companies/brands and building Urban Crush to great heights.
 
 
Iwant to thank every single person who took time out of their busy schedule to stop by my blog. I greatly appreciate those who left comments, asked questions, made suggestions or simply to say “hi”. Thank you for supporting, sharing, liking and following any of my social platforms. I aim to continue to be of service to those looking for a great entertainment and lifestyle stage.
 
I have so much more to cover. Your continued love and support is priceless which fuels me in such a way I can’t describe. I plan to give back in many aspects this coming year, so I wish everyone well and have a very prosperous 2015. Thank you again and keep rocking with me. STAY BLESSED!  

***If you are a company/brand and would like to work with me on an event (host, photography), campaign, conduct a review for your product/service etc., please send me an email with all the details and I will be sure to get back in contact. Thank you.
 
FOLLOW ME:

www.facebook.com/urbancrush101
www.twitter.com/urbancrush101
www.pinterest.com/urbancrush
www.youtube.com/UrbanCrushMedia
(Please subscribe!)
Until next time-xoxo
 
ALL PHOTOS: URBAN CRUSH
 
 

 
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: