Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

UC Beauty: JBCO Shea Moisture Hair Products

By | Wednesday, November 19, 2014 Leave a Comment

 
Recently I traveled to my local CVS to find a bogo (buy one, get one free) sale of the Shea Moisture products. If you follow Urban Crush then you know I love their products. I decided to try something new in their line- Jamaican Black Castor Oil formula: STRENGTHEN, GROW & RESTORE. Products range from $8.99- $12.99 depending on the item and retailer, my sale $10.99 for two.

This sulfate-free clarifying shampoo removes product build-up and I like the other special components incorporated in it as well. It says it nourish and strengthens chemically damaged or processed hair, reducing the appearance of breakage and shedding.
 
 
Organic Shea Butter: Deeply moisturizes while conditioning hair and scalp.

Jamaican Black Castor Oil: Loaded with reparative omegas that promote healthy hair growth.

Apple Cider Vinegar: Contains natural AHA’s that clarify and help regulate PH levels of the scalp.

My Results: A little goes a long way and while most clarifying shampoos strip hair of any previous products, dirt and even the natural oils making it dry and rough; my hair was super soft while shampooing. The scent is light and not overwhelming like pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil. The look and consistency is like thinned-out syrup. Over all, it seems as if my hair like it and with more usage I can get a full scope on how my hair caters to it.
 
 
This conditioner contains the Shea Butter and Jamaican Black Castor Oil just as the shampoo but it also contain Peppermint & Keratin.

Peppermint: Stimulate the scalp for an invigorating experience.
Keratin: Protein, it helps to keep the hair strong and pliable.  

My Result: Well it says this leave-in conditioner can also be used as a wash out conditioner as well (which I’ll try it as a wash out soon). Apply to towel-dried hair.
My dry hair requires a lot of moisture. I actually applied a small amount to my hair once it was air-dried and I didn’t exactly get the results I was hoping for. So for my next application I will use it on my towel-dried damp hair in hopes for a better outcome. It is very important to use as directed. I prefer to give a product a couple of tries to truly know if it’s right for my hair type.  

If you used this product line and/or any of their products, did it work for you? Drop a line in the comments below.

***All products were purchased solely by myself. Urban Crush is not affiliated with any Company or Brand***
***Photos: Urban Crush***

 



Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: