Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

MY NEW BEAUTY PURCHASE: Covergirl TruBlend

By | Friday, June 13, 2014 Leave a Comment

                                       MY NEW BEAUTY PURCHASE (and Loving it)
Photo: Urban Crush
I'm a big fan of MAC cosmetics but just recently I desperately needed to replenish my supply. I use the last bit of MAC press powder- yes even rubbing the residue along the rim, lol, sad I know- so I couldn't hold off any longer. See I'm a natural girl who will sport a bun, ponytail or slap on a snapback ball cap in a heartbeat, so down-to-earth. So when events and outings call for a more presentable look, my glam squad (me, myself and I) must figure it out.


It wasn't until I looked back at this photo with Senior VP of Columbia Tristar Pictures, DeVon Franklin and wife, actress Meagan Good-Franklin at an award show. The shine really stood out due to my oily skin. Although I did have a hint of makeup on, but it's great to have photo-ready-makeup coverage that last for photo ops and anything televised. This was a nice pic but a quick touch-up would have done the trick! A lot went on that night, lol, so I barely had time for anything (a post about that night soon-to-come).
Meagan is beautiful and her makeup, flawless...these celebs are always on point with their glam squads for red carpets, television appearances, etc. just to be clear. Although it's not easy to delete that photo, powder my nose and do a retake but going forward I know to have better coverage.

Soon after, I strolled into a nearby drugstore and while in the cosmetics dept. I was approached by a 6' 3" salesman who was extremely helpful as we talked about various makeup brands, application/blending techniques, BB cremes versus this one and that one etc. He was giving me life and after he applied a sample on half of my makeup-free face, my decision was made. My final purchase (drum roll please) Covergirl TruBlend (in d4) and can you say I am really liking it. A flawless finish that no one would notice just melted into my skin (a little goes a long way)- too bad the store was out of the blending brush. Now, I know I might be late on this TruBlend train, because I was loyal to MAC, but it's a nice coverage if you want to give it a try. Going forward, I'll have the coverage that I need for more events and in my travels. I won't part ways with my MAC just yet, but yep I am officially a Covergirl! -xoxo
  1. What makeup do you use or love? Let me know in the comment section.
**Covergirl did not sponsor this post, makeup was purchased with my own money.

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: