Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

DESIGN ESSENTIALS Big Easy Celeb Style Gifting Lounge

By | Friday, July 11, 2014 2 comments

Photo: ExclusiveAccess.net
Over the 4th of July weekend Design Essentials held a private invitation-only event at the W Hotel for a few selected special guest & media that I attended. The event was hosted by 8x Grammy nominated R&B singer Ledisi who discussed her album entitled, 'The Truth' as well as haircare as she mingled with media and fans. Invited guest were treated to a gifting lounge full of free products and services to try. The Design Essentials style team were on hand to tell us about the products and it's usage. 

Some products/items in gifted suite included:
Design Essentials Salon Systems Products 
Design Essentials Natural products
Jones & Roses Bodycare Products
The Look by JOI- brush on brow powder
Morning glamour Satin Pillowcases
Sophisticate's Black Hair Magazine

(Photos: Urban Crush)
New Orleans' own DJ Shake 'Em up was behind the 1's & 2's as guests mingled about, enjoying the cocktails & N'awlins Style Cuisine and complimentary massages.  

                           
I made my way over to the massage station to take advantage of the, much needed, complimentary service. Given by some eye candy... by the time I got up I felt rejuvenated. I could have tackled The Great Wall of China, lol. I was in a zone! Design Essentials knew exactly what to include in their event for Essence Festival weekend. Shout out to The Look by Joi who hooked up my brows.

I briefly congratulated singer Ledisi; her smile is like a ray of sunshine.  

Urban Crush: Congrats on your album and your recent performance at the BET Awards. I love seeing the tributes when they honor legends, great job.
Ledisi: Thank you, it was fun...I always have fun doing it, truly an honor to be apart of it.

Urban Crush: And you will be performing.
Ledisi: Yes I will be performing tomorrow on the Essence Main Stage (Superdome), I'm excited.

Urban Crush: I have a question from Facebook, Marcella Fane would like to know how do you keep your locs whipped and who comes up with your styles?
Ledisi: I use Design Essentials Naturals products (Sleek Edge Control and Twist & Set Setting Lotion), apply it on my locs and put them in bantu knots. I create my styles along with my stylist. (pointing to her stylist)    

Urban Crush: Before I go, what's on your agenda for this weekend? I seen you a couple hours ago on the Walmart Stage (convention center in a different outfit).
Ledisi: Well I'll perform tomorrow and appearing a couple other places. I'm actually about to go back to my room and rest, lol.

Urban Crush: Thank you Ledisi and enjoy your performance.
Ledisi: Oh thank you so much and thanks for supporting me (giving me a super big hug). 


Ledisi just finished shooting a documentary which we'll have more on that to come. Listen as she gives us a sample of her song, 'I Blame You' A cappella-style.
Watch here  

Networking guests... who else was in the building?
(Photos: Urban Crush)
Thank you Design Essentials, S.T.E.P.S event planning, Brainchild Associates (Taronda Gibbons) for inviting me to such an amazing private event. Shout out to Sophisticate's Black Hair magazine.



Want to learn more about the Design Essentials products visit www.designessentials.com or their Natural line natural.designessentials.com (Free from Silicon, Paraben, Paraffin, Petrolatum and Mineral Oil)

Don't forget to Follow, Share & Like! 
If you like this post and want more, leave a comment. I love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by!
(All photos: Urban Crush, except the first one of Ledisi, exclusiveaccess.net)

Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 11, 2014

    Looks like fun! I'm loving these pics !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, had a great time!

    ReplyDelete