Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

Healthy Motivation

By | Monday, March 16, 2015 Leave a Comment
Lifestyle
Happy Monday everyone. I tell ya time seems to fly right by. This is Spring Break season, which means that most are experiencing it right now or soon will be. I hope many of you get a much needed vacay somewhere lovely, of course. I will admit, I am ready to hit the road and see some sights myself.

I have to really pay attention to this tricky weather. One day may be cold and rainy- finding yourself singing the hook off of EMPIRE’s, Hakeem Lyon’s song, “Drip Drop Drip Drippy Drop” or hot and humid the next. No matter the weather most women can’t wait to hit up the nail salon for Mani/Pedi, strutting around in barely-there clothes, hair and nails done. And how can you blame them? And the men in the barber shops getting that fade or locs tighten up or getting his car or gear right, ha! You know what I’m talking about…. It’s tempting.
 

 
I could not just let these last several days roll around without taking advantage….I found myself getting a good workout in. The workout location of choice was Piedmont Park but believe me I have many places and guess what? It’s totally free! Just have a descent pair of shoes, music that drives you and for extra benefit, use weights, rope etc. Nothing against those who have a gym membership- don’t cancel those just yet. Seeing various people of all ages being active gives me all the boost I need. Many describe the location as a little Central Park (New York) or a mild Venice Beach (California)….but without the beach, ha!

I love seeing older people twice my age walking or running faster and even passing me, lol. Hey can’t knock them, they’re getting it in. Most of the time someone or group are always playing instruments, singing- some form of entertainment. Plenty of activities going on like: bike riding-roller blading-frisbee throwing-yoga groups etc….it’s all there and then some. Let’s not forget the mini lake and the beautiful city as the back drop. Production companies continuously film there- movies but especially reality television shows.
 

I love checking out various locations around the city or any place for that matter. It’s amazing the many places you can find enough inspiration to light up your day. What truly motivates you? How do you view things? Not all views are pleasurable but it’s how you view yourself, your life and the people around you. Many would trade places in a flash if they could. It’s always someone in a worse situation- making yours look like a cake walk.

Be grateful and appreciate the everyday things in life. Build memories, surround yourself with like-minded positive true people who mean well. Become a better version of yourself than you were yesterday. No matter what you do in life, there will always be someone out there who won’t understand or get it. They may bully or judge- not truly seeing your worth. In other words, you can’t please everyone nor will everyone be supportive. What’s meant for you ‘WILL’ be for you, so stay on your grind whatever it may be and do what makes you happy. The more you do may shine bright and illuminate someone else’s day (or life in general).
Have a great one!
Have you joined this site yet? I would love to have you. Simply scroll down to bottom of page. Under Urban Crush Followers click tab that says “JOIN THIS SITE” and a couple clicks and you’re done. Simple right?! Have a question, comment or suggestion?
 
**ALL PICS: Urban Crush**
 
 

 
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: