Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

INTERVIEW: ANTHONY “QUE” MOSLEY (formerly of Day26)

By | Thursday, December 12, 2013 2 comments

I caught up with the talented “Que” formerly of the group Day26. We talked about his experience on ‘Making the Band’, what he learned from Diddy and his current project; which he gave me a sample as he sung the hook to me. There have been talks of a Day26 Reunion, heading to a city near you in 2014. Read on for more of this gifted and humbled talent.    

UC: How have things been since leaving Day 26?
Que: Things have been very great and inspiring. I’ve been in the studio; I’ve been in Atlanta for the last year doing tons of events, charities…just giving back and staying in the studio to stay relevant. Not doing too much but enough so that it’s not over-saturated.

UC: So do you still keep in contact with the guys from Day 26?
Q: Yeah of course, sometimes they send messages like ‘hey we’re going to get back together’ or they want us to perform here in Australia etc. I get those phone calls about music still. I think that’s a plus for me and the group because we still talk about music. A lot of groups break up and they become uninspired and don’t want to do anything, so that’s pretty cool; that we still talk about music.

UC: Being on a reality show, explain what that experience was like?
Q: A friend told me about ‘Making the Band’ I went online then to New York to audition and my music career started on the TV show. Thank God I made it through as a finalist. It was an experience because it was MTV, and reality TV. Coming from a reality TV show and stepping on stages across the world, for example Madison Square Garden or the Staples Center, or any other big arena, the Russ Parr Tour. It was amazing to hear the fans scream and to actually come from a reality show and actual live it was magical and unbelievable. It’s like when you see a concert as a little kid, it comes to life, so it’s not a nervous feeling but it’s that anxiety like oh my gosh, ‘they screaming for me’ (laughing). So coming from a TV show that was made up and stepping into a career was pretty cool.

UC:  Right. So how was it working with Diddy and what was the best advice that he gave you as far as the business goes?
Q: To always stay well- grinded, humble and never give up because he said it on TV, there’s always someone trying to take your spot.

UC: I remember that.
Q: The thing about that, which I have to question a little bit, if you’re talented nobodies taken my spot because I can sing (laughs).

UC: All right now, (laughter) ladies he can sing.
Q: But I kept that in the back of my mind though, ‘because there’s people out there hungry and want your job/title. So as long as you stay well grounded and on top of your job as a performer, you’ll do amazing so that’s a great skill I learned from him.

UC: So you all had to walk to Brooklyn to get some cheesecake.
Q: We did have to walk to Brooklyn to get some cheesecake (laughing) and it was cold too, we were shaking. I still had to compete with about 20 people in the house. Diddy came back and said “ahh your guys suck, you’re not what we’re looking for” and he got some more guys in the house. After we walked to get cheesecake he brought new guys in the house and we had to compete again but that challenge we went through on TV basically made me the artist that I am today and I’m very thankful.
 
UC: I guess he makes everybody do that. How long did it take you.
Q: It took about 27 hours.
UC: Wow. Are you kidding? No editing, cutting etc.?
Q: Like 2 A.M in the morning all the way until the night time. It was fun though because he had the cameras out. I guess he wanted to test us; we’re men, so he wanted to see if we’re strong. See whose gonna talk sh*t, see whose gonna break.
UC: It’s a big weekend in the “A” what’s some of the things you have lined up?
Q: Basically, I’m going to be here today doing this and so I’ll probably be at other events showing my face, getting in and getting out (laughing).
UC: Right. It was talked about that it’s your Birthday tomorrow, Happy Birthday. What are you going to do?
Q: Thanks, I probably have a drink, a piece of b-day cake or a cupcake with a candle in it, something small. Just thanking God for giving me another year.
 
 
UC: So for anyone trying to get in the industry, what would you tell them?
Q: I would say ‘don’t think that there’s an easy route’. There’s no easy way of making it. If you’re gonna make it, you’re got to put in the work you got to put in the grind. You can’t just meet someone and think that you can take in from where they’re at in life. You have to find your own path and never give up. If you’re talented then someone will notice you eventually if you don’t give up.
UC: Any acting in the future, would you want to act?
Q: Yeah I like acting, of course.
UC:  What can we expect from you in the near future?
Q: New music, I’ve been in the studio working with some producers so I have tons of songs. They don’t want to release it because they’re really good records. I always say that I’m releasing music, I’m releasing music and it never comes out then I have to sneak music out so my fans don’t think I’m lying (laughing) then I get in trouble by a producer, they be like “Que what are you doing” (laughing). Music is coming I promise and once it releases everybody will be happy and I promise they’re going to sing the songs over and over again.
 
UC: Any you’re feeling right now?
Q: This record called ‘Cold’, it’s dope. The hook is… (singing the hook) “You know that she’s a villain villain she’s a villain money killin’ payroll killin’ villain, villain, villain, villain, she’s so, she’s so, she’s so, she’s so…”
UC: Wow that’s so smooth, that can put me to sleep (in a good way).
Q: (Chuckling) Right and it’s like not too far off from the left. It’s like one of those different records, if you heard ‘Perfectly Blind’ on Day 26’s album, you’ll be like you’ve never heard a record like that- one of those records, but of course I’m going to have the r & b records. I’m not going to step away from my element of r & b soul music and probably put a gospel song on there.
UC: Variety, because you’re not just a one type of artist.
Q: I love all Genres.
 
And ladies, for all you “Que fans” here is a little inside scoop about him:
-He like earth-tone colors: browns, green (money green), the green on leaves when they turn.
-He love Seafood
-He thinks Kevin Harts funny and like ‘Don’t be a Menace’ etc.
-He like intelligent women, women who stands behind him and knows how to communicate with him. A real woman, someone clean with great hygiene. If he confides in a woman, it should stay between them. Both parties should be honest in a relationship and respect each other’s space.
 
 
UC: Thank you Que for the interview, where can people find you?
Q: Q_ Tweetz (Twitter)
Anthony_Mosley (Instagram)
Anthony_Mosly (Facebook) I’m always playing the different games. I’m taking competition for the candy crush game on Facebook. I need some new friends (chuckles).
 
Thank you “Que” for a great interview and I also want to give a ‘shout out’ to his mom, Nicole, who was just awesome in our one-on-one conversation, truly a doll. Thank you both and looking forward to a Day26 reunion. Be blessed ~UC xoxo
***Photo: Que's Facebook/Twitter and Urban Crush***
*** Don't forget to "LIKE" my Urban Crush Facebook Page and follow me on Twitter (@urbancrush101) 
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Omg I'm so jealoussss lol I love Q! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Thx Ebony! He's a great guy and very humble.

    ReplyDelete