Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

BOUNCE BACK FROM ANY PITFALL

By | Monday, July 01, 2013 1 comment
PUT ON A HAPPY FACE!!!!!!!

Hi guys! I’ve been really missing on the blogging scene in recent months. I did a post before this one and felt it was only right to let my readers know of my ordeal instead of writing posts without a word otherwise. I’ve been dealing with death and family issues among other things. Sometimes we all go through challenging moments in our life, no matter what it is. The main thing is you must “keep going”.  So now I’m here to play catch up and hope that you understand of my absence. [It wasn’t that I was lazy or uninterested, trust me].

Now with that being said, lately I’ve had several conversations with family and friends wanting my opinion about their job interview dilemma (yes several came to me with this). They expressed how unhappy they are due to the many interview “steps” they are put through. We’re aware of how the job market is currently and although many may have an interview but with no such luck in the end. For those unemployed, it’s a job just to find/get a job. If you’re one of the lucky ones to even get an interview- congrats! That’s like getting nominated for an award. At least your resume stood out and was recognized. The competition is so fierce and companies slash their budgets etc. You may have a degree and the whole nine but may be considered over-qualified. This is where ‘who you know’ may be helpful of getting in the door. Many companies are going through staffing companies to hire, which is less expensive to their bottom line.

My advice is to know your worth, depending on the situation you may need to get a paycheck due to bills piling up, just until something else comes along. Very understandable, but if you are in a cross between 1) getting an offer from a low paying job [the lowest you’ve seen in awhile] but 2) trying to wait until that other job [you recently interview for] will call you. This can be tricky, companies may give you a small window to consider but if you wait too long, you may have just handed over that job to someone else. If a company is interested they will contact you. If you expose that the other company is interested in hiring you, as well, you may just get a pay increase, which is even better. A couple days ago I was on the phone helping a friend with an email to a potential employer. It took only one day to get a response, then an interview. It look very promising and we wish her all the best of luck.  
 
In this day and age, having your own company/business is the new “Backup Plan”. I’ve said it before, “Destiny is in your hands, find your passion and build your dreams.” If you have enough money stored away for a rainy day then maybe you can hold out on any fly-by-night-job and concentrate on that dream job or business that you’ve always wanted. The road to success may be a long one, but with hard work and dedication you will reap the rewards. So, when life throw you lemons, make the best lemonade ever…remember with ‘Prayer’ and the ‘Laws of Attraction’ anything is possible. 

(Tell us how you handled or got over an ordeal in life? 
**************pic: URBAN CRUSH************
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comment:

  1. OMG I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT PIC BUT I LOVE IT!!! IT MAKES ME LAUGH...

    ReplyDelete