Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

2013 ESSENCE FESTIVAL (PART 3)

By | Friday, July 12, 2013 4 comments
WORK HARD PLAY HARD!!!
This ESSENCE Festival event was so long, I thought it would never end, lol but oh so worth it. I'm still trying to recoup being a week later yet people are still talking about it. I guess that’s a good thing. I know next time to get more sleep, lol. Hey I'll take one for the team in order to give my Urban Crush readers all the details. I'll trying to get around to as many shout outs as I can, so if you don't see your pic...it's on the way:) Here are more recaps, shout outs, and footage.
Brandy, Janelle Monae (in her signature black & white) and Darren Henson (Stomp the Yard, SoulFood) on the ESSENCE main stage.
Shout out goes to Randi Sylve and Heather Ray for doing a great job on their ‘GREATER THAN AIDS’ awareness. It was great meeting you, NOLO in the house. Aretha Washington and the good laugh, “He ain’t nobody”, lol. Mike Allison-Williams, Philly, loved the convo. We need to have you on a panel representing for the men, lol. You made some good points. ( See who else was in the place..continue)



Here’s a recap of some of what went down. Demetria McKinney, Kevin Hart, Brandy, Trina and Traci Braxton, a fashion show, Lauren London and Dougie Fresh. Thanks Demetria McKinney for showing Urban Crush some love!

Shout out to Kym Jackson (left) who has a jewelry line, like on her wrists, uniqueurbanrocks.com, (plug, lol.) bring awareness to Asthma and Autism (some proceeds from sales go toward A and A), check out the site. Can I just say Sadaco Gray (left), Crystal Mullen (middle), and Evette Broussard (right), reppin’ Houston. I really loved the ESSENCE’s shirts. I know many wanted one but, next year you’ll be ready, right, lol. Great meeting you ladies and hope that you enjoyed yourself at your first Essence ever. I believe Crystal created the shirts, (am I right)? Hi Kaitlyn Morris (upper left) and Jasmine Roussell (upper right), it was nice meeting you two ladies and you can't imagine how you helped a lot of thirsty people, lol. Kaitlyn love your nails and twitter page, very fun!

I enjoy this dance battle between the old school (left side of screen) VS new school (right side). Check out Roland Martin (white suit), he know how to break away from CNN, TVONE or even his show Washington Watch. He broke it down,lol.Then they broke out with the wobble and added a ‘new’version as well. Much fun.
There were many fashion statements made at the convention center. I thought these ladies had a fab look. Hello ladies great meeting you. Ms. Joi Warner Dorsey (NOLA), Patricia Thomas,Texas, Tiffany Conner and Tiara Lee-Foster.
Did you enjoy this post? If so hit the "f" and share with your fb friends. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Make sure you join this blog (love the support) and follow me on twitter (@urbancrush101).
***********************ALL PICS/VIDEO: URBAN CRUSH************************

Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

  1. URBAN CRUSH IS HOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love Brandi she is so talented and Urban Crush BlogSpot is HOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you this Urban Crush Blog is nice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much and glad that you all like this blog, continue the support:)

    ReplyDelete