Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

2013 ESSENCE FESTIVAL (Final part)

By | Sunday, July 14, 2013 3 comments
A GOOD OL' TIME!!!!!
Finally, my last ESSENCE Festival post, whew, lol! Let’s see who else showed Urban Crush some love. I must give more shout outs and show a little more footage.
 
Thanks to Jackie Joyner-Kersey and Dr. Ian Smith for showing Urban Crush much love! I will get the book. xoxo (Continue for more pics/video) 
 
Shout outs also goes to Marnice Miller, IL (upper left), Officer Kevin ‘thebowtiekid’ Boswell, it was great talking with you and thanks for looking out for me. Cute pic of your son, awww and did a great impression of Kevin Hart, lol. Kisha Foster, stripped dress- cute bracelet and Keisha Williams- cute dress (center) nice meeting you ladies also. Latolya Wright and Tarvett Standley (upper right) it was nice meeting you and hope that you had a great time. Ayanna Riser (lower right) loved the creative tie-dye shirt, very fun.


Gold Medalist Jackie Joyner-Kersey (upper left) and Physician, author Dr. Ian Smith (upper right). Radio personality (V103.3) The Ryan Cameron Morning Show (lower left), who is extremely funny, hey Ryan. It was great seeing you on The Wendy Williams Show. Shouts out to Host, Author, Actor, Director (ok Jason I’m out of breath, you need a post/article all by yourself, lol) Jason “JBoy” Carey (lower right). I appreciate and loved the chat

Shouts to Kearsen Etheridge (South Carolina), Mike, and Ebony Kirby of Washington, DC. It was great meeting you all.
TVONE’s R&B Diva’s Chante Moore (left), Chante Moore, Monifah and Lil Mo (upper right) and Monifah (lower right)
Check out this Michael Jackson impersonator as he performs a medley- Jam, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal and Black & White.

Shout out to these ladies, Tracy Ball and Amber Rhea Allen (upper left) and to Bern Nadette Stanis (Thelma from GOOD TIMES). I had the pleasure of speaking with her and we laughed about how she couldn’t run from Thelma even if she tried and it’ll be on her tomb stone, lol. She told Urban Crush how although she went out for the role of Thelma that she never thought that she would get it, but it was mainly out of fear. Due to her mother pushing her to put aside her fears, she landed the role of Thelma at age 16. We got deeper into our chat about stepping out on faith, don’t let nothing hold you back and blocking your blessings. Thank you Bern Nadette for the lengthy chat. I still watch Good Times which currently airs on TVONE. Don’t we love some Thelma, lol
Demetria McKinney of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (lower right) it was great talking with you as well. The GAIN booth was passing out samples of their Fireworks scent booster and wanted to take a pic with me, lol.

So will you be going next year? If you've attended previously, what was your highlights? Please comment below, I would love to hear your thoughts.
*************************All pics/video: UrbanCrush****************
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Excellent,Awesome,Entertaining,Superb...are the first words that formulated in my mind when I stumbled upon Urbancrush.blogspot.com This is one of the best Blogs I have seen and I will be highly anticipating the next posts that the brilliant mind of Ms Sonja Smith decided to share with us next,tell everyone you know about this blog,Like it on Facebook,tweet it...just share it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love! I will continue to bring event coverage, entertaining moments/topics as well as requested material for Urban Crush readers! Thanks again EnZo!

      Delete
  2. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to present something back and aid others such as you aided me.


    my website ... contextual backlinks

    ReplyDelete