Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

INTRODUCING: URBAN CRUSH?

By | Monday, September 17, 2012

____________________________________________________________

Hello all! My name is Sonya and I’m new on the blogging scene but I have a deep love and aspiration for music, entertainment and interesting things. It has been a part of my life every since I could remember. My happiest memory growing up was one Christmas my mother bought me a record player with 3 records. I was about 7or 8 then and boy did I wear that thing out! I grew up dancing in school, drill teams, you name it. As a teenager I loved attending concerts, seeing the productions and having interest in the behind-the-scenes process.

 As I got older I moved from the Midwest to Atlanta where I attended The Art Institution of Atlanta (AIA) and got into Music Business Management. Talk about someone being hungry, starving and on their grind…going to school (full-time), working (part-time) and interning with the little time left. I’ve soaked up everything I could learn and get involved in, while trying to maintain balance.

 I’ve worked in this arena circle via radio station, recording studio, and entertainment magazines. I’ve done joint ventures with production companies/promoters, co-promoting comedy shows for comedians who appeared on BET’s Comic View, Def Comedy Jam, talk shows and movies. In addition, I’ve tried my little stint in music videos and extra work in major films with some of the well-respected, top successful movie producers/directors in Atlanta. I’ve co-manage artists and an on-air personality in my time. However, for a moment I’ve found myself getting off coarse faced with detours and road blocks, which I strayed from what I loved. All the while, my passion was ‘just calling me’ like Pookie in New Jack City, lol! I’ve learned when you have a desire for something it normally don't go away. That fire still burns inside you and if you let it slip away, then down the line you may have regrets and wished you “should of”, “could of”, “would of”, done xyz. So stay focus, and motivated. It’s never too late just one foot in front of the other and you’ll be on your way.

 I’ve always loved writing and kept journals/diaries from early on as a youth and still do to this very day. I'm a fan of cooking/baking and love coming up with great dishes (I tend to get  bored with food at times). I'm also a fanatic of hair, beauty, relationships...well in a nutshell, everything this blog covers. I decided to put my lifes interests/loves all in one place.

Urban Crush is an entertainment and lifestyle blog highlighting entertainment, music, fashion, relationships, interviews and events. It touch on reviews, tutorials, hot topics and other fun creative aspects as well. I hope that you find this blog informative, fun and entertaining. The views and participation of my readers are "highly" valued and greatly appreciated. So, please leave a comment, like, share or contact me with any questions or suggestions. Much thanks and Lots of Love!!    
Newer Post Home