Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

Oh La La: CHOCOLATE TURTLE CAKE

By | Thursday, June 11, 2015 Leave a Comment

As much as I love to cook, I equally love to bake. Oh boy! If only a scratch n’ sniff area was supplied on all screens you could smell this delicious sweet dessert. 

INGREDIENTS
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Pecans
¾ Cup Butter (melted)
½ Cup Evaporated Milk
1 (14oz) bag Caramel
1-1/3 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Oil
3 Eggs
1 (18oz box) German Chocolate Cake Mix
 DIRECTIONS
Prepare cake mix according to the box instructions. Pour ½ batter into a 13x9 inch pan and top with 1 cup of Pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
(NOTE: You may alter cake mix flavor with Chocolate or another cake of your choice. Get creative, it’s your cake. I initially try a recipe as-is, per original recipe but then my creative juices come up with other alternatives to try.)
Let cake cool. In double broiler (or in my case a pot of boiling water with a bowl on top)
melt caramel, milk and butter stir constantly until melted. 
(Note: I used a personal touch by adding a little cocoa powder to my milk mixture also caramel do not need to melt separately, I sat a small portion aside for something else.) 
Pour the caramel mixture over the cooled (room temp) cake. This layer would be the caramel in the center of the cake. (NOTE I also added a little pecans and chocolate chips on this step)

Pour the remaining batter on top, sprinkle last 1 Cup, or remainder of Pecans, depending on if you use some for center of cake, and chocolate chips. Bake an additional 20 minutes, let cool and Voila! Enjoy. 

Ooooohhh, so delish! This is one dessert I will schedule either as a 'cheat' day or just-because-I-deserve-it day, lol. 

(Note: if you like a real gooey center, you may want to use more caramel)
What are some of your go-to desserts, Peach Cobbler? Red Velvet Cake? I would love to hear about them. Have any questions or comments, leave them in the comment box below. Until next time, xo
  
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: