Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

BET: BEING MARY JANE

By | Wednesday, January 08, 2014 Leave a Comment

Hi guys! I have waited months, since viewing the pilot, for Being Mary Jane to air. OMG! Mara Brock Akil has done it again! Known for Girlfriends, The Game and others but now this. I knew this show was going to be addictive. I love how Gabrielle Union, who plays Mary Jane Paul, brings the career-driven character to life and she mentioned how she modeled journalist Soledad O’Brien for (career) inspiration for the role. She did an amazing job, so amazing that she didn’t have to audition. Once the script was written, the husband and wife duo, the Akils, knew exactly who their Mary Jane Paul was, perfect choice. Congrats Gabrielle!
Being Mary Jane is a “grown” show…no ratchet television here, well in some sense. I love the writing and the storyline is so relatable in many ways; career issues-check, family issues-check, and relationship issues-check. We all have wrestled with those topics and I’ll admit, I’ve had “DNA: Do Not Answer” embedded in my phone from a guy before, many moons ago, lol. Most families have had some form of a dysfunctional situation and in life some people have been cheated on; all unfortunate but it happens.
I’m satisfied with the cast and a big fan of Omari Hardwick, I read he was sort of a last pick for that role but delighted he made the cut. I love his work, even when he portrays characters we love to hate. His poetic skills are great on Verses & Flow…and can I add that he is a very humbled and handsome man, a man’s man…Lawd lol!
I can appreciate the kind words and best wishes he sent my way. Again, he’s humble.

Mara Brock and Salim Akil has another hit on their hands. BET has stepped it up with the dramatic series but with only 8 episodes and filmed in Atlanta in the course of like two weeks, tight scheduling, audiences will love it and may push/demand for more episodes. I would love to be on-set for the next taping, a dream to cover. I’m looking forward to next week’s episode, and many BMJ parties. A countdown counter would be nice, BET, lol!

What did you think of the show…any thoughts?
**Pics: BET.com **Twitter post: Omari’s Twitter page
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: