Top-ads

Powered by Blogger.

Footer Widget 2

Translate

Cold Press Juices Anyone?!

By | Wednesday, December 23, 2015 Leave a Comment

 
I took a little break from my smoothies for about a week and opt for fresh juicing instead. Every so often I love creating nutritious juices. One day I found myself at Whole Foods (love that place) after walking some laps (the weather was beautiful that day). I headed to the juice bar section, chose a made-to-order cold-pressed juice and grabbed a ready-made one also from their refrigerated area. The individual juice sizes are 12oz ($4.99) and 16oz ($5.99). Feel free to create your own juice but I ordered from the menu.

(Left) Rise and Shine (Apples, Grapes, Mango, Pineapple and Ginger). This juice was one of the sweetest of the selection, not too sweet but had the right balance to it. The Ginger didn’t over-power the juice but your pallet definitely knew it was there.

(Right) Green Lemonade (Apples, Spinach, Kale, Lemon and Celery). If you’re not use to a fruit/veggie-blend green drink then it might be an acquired taste for some. For me, as long as a hint of sweetness is present then I love it. This is actually one of my favorites. I’ve learned that depending on who whips up your juice, the taste may slightly vary. My Green Lemonade was slightly sweeter from one location than another. The person may have added a few more slices of apple or whatnot. If not sure, ask for a sample. They're always helpful running down health benefits while you are sampling.

I noticed a physically-fit woman ordering a shot of wheatgrass but added Cayenne Pepper sprinkled on top. Talk about spicy, lol! I didn’t blame her when she asked for a couple samples as a chaser. What a trooper, lol! One day I might build up enough courage to take a Wheatgrass shot, but minus the Cayenne Pepper, I’m just not there quite yet, lol.
Eye Opener (Apple, Carrot and Orange). A great one for those who seek a fairly simple sweet drink. The label on this drink read, “This product has not been pasteurized and therefore may contain harmful bacteria that can cause serious illness in children, the elderly and persons with weakened immune systems.” When juicing or consuming fresh juices, it’s best to drink, once made, to get the best nutrients and may keep refrigerated. Also, be sure to check the label on your selections.
I can’t wait to juice some of these mixes at home. You can still get nutrients via fruits/veggies even if you do not own a juicer. A blender is just as good with its smoothie/milkshake consistency. I love adding my favorite vitamins (tablets) to my smoothie by crushing them in a sandwich bag then adding it to my blender ready to blend up my drink. For those who do not own neither, juicer or blender, you never can go wrong with consuming fresh produce in its natural form.  Organic is the best but cost a little more, so if you choose fruits/veggies that are not organic be sure to wash them thoroughly.   

When I’m working on my laptop I love the quick convenience of having a healthy drink handy to consume. It beats prepping the fruits/veggies which can be a mess but the end goal and final results are more than worth it.

Healthy lifestyle changes goes a long way and over time your body will surely thank you for all the choices you’ve committed to.
I wonder what other great flavors I may like? I’ll try other drinks so until then,     
Here’s to your health! Xoxo
 
 
 
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: